Whenever there is the problem of an aching back or tight muscles, one of the remedies for it is massage therapy. Massage therapy is the manual stimulation and manipulation of your muscles and skin. However, there are several massage types available depending on your health and overall goal for that massage. One massage type is called Chinese meridian massage.
This is also known as ‘Tui Na.’ Chinese meridian massage is an important and popular therapy in traditional Chinese medicine. This is a form of remedial massage that is usually used in conjunction with other Chinese medicine therapies like acupuncture. However, by itself, a meridian massage can be especially relaxing, especially when it is targeted towards your individual health issues.
Chinese meridian massage uses various hand forms to stimulate related acupuncture points, energy channels, and muscles. This is considered to be one of the more well-known and professional remedial massage skills and it is done by a trained massage therapist (provided by Comfy Spa) with the purposes of relaxing the body, aiming to return the body back to its original healthy state or helping with muscular-skeletal disorders.
What are the Benefits of Chinese Meridian Massage?
Chinese meridian massage results in a wonderful feeling of relaxation and contentment, but it also reaps many other benefits such as being used alone to:
– Improve circulation of the body.
– Strengthen the body by stimulating the muscles.
– Be treated in conjunction with acupuncture and herbs for the treatment of various diseases.
How Does Chinese Meridian Massage Work?
With the various hand forms such as pressing, pushing, rolling, tapping, grasping, pinching and more, it can work to:
– Cure diseases and strengthen the body
– Stop pain (either temporarily or permanently depending on the medical condition)
– Balance the internal organs
– Regulate the flow of the Qi (known as the central life force of the body – the “energy flow”)
– Improve blood circulation and metabolism
– Remove any stagnation and toxins in the body
– Help recover the functions of the tendons, bones and joints
– Eliminate tiredness and fatigue, making you more energized
– Stimulate all the interconnected points, channels and muscles of the body
It is mainly used to treat:
– Chronic muscular-skeletal imbalances
– Broken bones
– Joint pain (such as arthritis)
– Muscle spasms
– Any pain in the back, neck and shoulders
And more! It can also be used to treat conditions such as insomnia, constipation, headaches, migraines and other various tensions associated with stress.
If you have any of the symptoms mentioned above, come to Comfy Spa and consult with our expert practitioners and whether or not Chinese meridian massage will help.
At Comfy Spa, our team of expert practitioners can integrate Chinese meridian massage in your treatment plan if need be.